An electric kettle comes with different features to hold water or any liquid quantity to be boiled with the help of electric power. It is a kitchen appliance that is mainly used for making tea or boiling water, or milk. These kettles have different shapes and features depending on the type of company that is producing them.
Most of the electric kettles usually have self-contained heating units and automatic switches that turn off after the heat amount reaches a certain limit. There are different electric kettles available in the market if you are in search of the best electric kettle for college or dorm. These kettles differ from each other on the basis of specs and design, and we have made a list for you to decide which one is your choice.
Things to Check before Buying Electric Kettle for college
Before we proceed to the best electric kettle for college, we must know the following things about these kettles so you can have an idea about what you get when you buy them.
Cost is a very important factor for buying a kettle. For each buy, the principal factor took a gander at is the cost of an item in contrast with another and the extraordinary highlights that make it valued a specific way. You must know the cost of the features that you are getting from a kettle.
Automatic Shut Off Protection
There is an automatic switch in the electric kettles that act as a timer to automatically shut off the kettle heat when a certain amount of time has been passed, or a heat level is attained in the pot. The kettle has a bimetallic thermostat which is a mechanical and electronic component for sensing the temperature and helping to maintain it. This switch works with the heat level.
Quality and Durability
A factor that decides the incentive for your cash is the manner by which a machine can give you services for a longer period of time. You should check the quality and durability of the electric kettle as you are going to use it for longer-term.
The main purpose of an electric kettle is to heat the liquid that is placed inside it. All the electric kettles have a coil or metal base that is their heating element. A lot of heat can be stored in this metal as it has very high resistivity.
When you turn on an electric kettle, a large amount of current is allowed to have flowed through this heating element that warms or boils the liquid.
This usually is directly related to the price of the kettle. If the kettle has a high boiling speed, it means that the kettle is very good, and it would be more costly as compared to average boiling kettles. You should check for the boiling speed and power usage of a kettle during boiling.
If you are a student and you need the best electric kettle for college, you need to look upon the factor of power usage by a kettle. As more power-consuming kettles are most likely to give you high electricity bills.
Capacity should be the priority to check as you would need to know how much quantity of liquid can that kettle hold for you. In this way, you will know how many cups can you make for tea and how many people can be served with that quantity. For a student, a small kettle with an average holding capacity is just enough.
When you are at your young age as a student, you definitely like things that are stylish and pretty attractive. You should make the purchase worth the money by selecting the appropriate design and quality.
Best Electric Kettle for College
So considering all these factors and values as mentioned above, we have made a list of the best electric kettle for college that students can use based on the points that we discussed above.
Hamilton Beach Electric Kettle
Our first recommendation in the list is a cordless electric kettle called the Hamilton Beach Electric Kettle. We have chosen this kettle in the first place because it has various features to offer to the students.
- It is made up of stainless steel, making it durable, and it comes with a liter capacity.
- It also has an auto shut-down feature.
- It comes with a rapid boiling system.
- You can adjust the speed of boiling from slow to fast according to your choice as a student when you are in a hurry or sometimes you have got plenty of time to cook.
- It has a concealed heating element which is perfect to be used in a room with safety.
- The kettle has side windows or glass installed that lets the user see how much water or liquid is stored inside it. This will stop the need to open the lid from the top, again and again, to look at the quantity of water.
- The kettle has the necessary mesh filter that doesn’t let the tea leaves drop in the cup when pouring.
Chef’s Star Borosilicate Glass Kettle
The next kettle on our list of best electric kettles for college is the Glass kettle which is an amazing and attractive kettle made from glass. The kettle has so many features that a student would love about it, and we have discussed these features below.
- This kettle has a glass body and LED lights inside it, which give it a unique and amazing look. The light continues to grow slowly when the water is boiled.
- It has a cordless design, and it can easily be swiveled for pouring or serving.
- The design of this electric kettle is compact, which makes it the best choice to be used by students in their rooms. You won’t have to look for making space for this kettle as it doesn’t require much space to place.
- This kettle also comes with an auto shut-down feature for safety purposes, and it has built-in boil-dry protection. This is why as a student, you don’t have to worry about running the kettle when it’s empty, and you forget to shut it off.
- There is also a water indicator on its side that lets you measure the quantity of water that you are holding inside it.
- The unique thing added with this kettle is that the kettle’s glass body is resistant to any thermal shock to avoid heating and cooling too quickly problems for the glass to break. This greatly reduces the chance of exploding glass.
The next recommendation for the best electric kettle for college is Oster 5965. This is a quick boiling kettle for any liquid that is loaded with various features to benefit students.
- The body of this kettle is made with stainless-steel, which also gives it a beautiful look.
- The looks aren’t the only positive point of this kettle as the kettle performs well with the usage too. It has a storage quantity to hold up to one and a half-liter liquid.
- The pot can be turned 360-degrees, so utilizing it turns out to be simple.
- The power capacity of this electric kettle is 1500 watts which is more than enough to boil any liquid at a very rapid pace.
- Besides warming water, you can utilize this electric pot to make tea as well. It accompanies a cross-section channel and a pivot lock plan, so you will not make any mess while pouring yourself with some tea.
- It additionally has an auto turn-off or shut down feature that saves energy.
- There is also a water level indicator with this kettle.
Bonavita Electric Kettle
The next addition to our list of best electric kettles for college is the Bonavita electric kettle which is made up of all-glass bodies. This kettle has pretty amazing features to catch one’s attention.
- It is a gooseneck design electric kettle that makes it easier to pour tea or water into a cup.
- The body is of stainless steel with a very shiny look, and gooseneck adds more texture to the look of this kettle.
- This kettle also has a 360-degree swivel feature that lets it turn in any position that you want to.
- The capacity to hold water or liquid in this kettle is one liter and has a power capacity of 100 watts. The user must be careful as he has to match the liquid capacity with the power in order to get rapid heating.
- The design is elegant of this kettle with a gooseneck that reduces the chance of scorching while pouring the tea or coffee.
Proctor Silex Electric Kettle
The last item on the list of the best electric kettle for college is student-friendly, as well as budget-friendly. The Proctor Silex Electric kettle comes with lots of features that are listed below.
- It has a capacity of one-liter to store any liquid like tea, water, milk, or coffee.
- The kettle comes with a detachable cord which makes it easier to pick up and pour the tea when you are serving.
- There is also a light indicator in this kettle that blinks when the temperature of the liquid reaches the required limit. This is for indicating the boiling point of a liquid.
- There are also windows on both sides of this kettle that show the water level to monitor from the outside instead of opening the lid manually and analyzing.
- The body is made of plastic which is well resistant to heat, and it won’t burn your hand if you touch the body of this kettle even when heated.
- There is a safety feature of this kettle called boil-dry protection.
- It has a filter that prevents any kind of extra particles from getting into the water.
- It has the power of 1000 watts, which is decent enough to heat or boil your water in less time.
- It is a very durable kettle because of its plastic body, which makes it ideal and the best electric kettle for college students to use.
This was a detailed discussion on the best electric kettle for college. The students can buy any of these kettles that suit the best of their necessities. We shared the pros and cons and all the features of the best budget-friendly kettles that are available for students.
Are glass kettles better than stainless steel?
Some kettles are available in treated glass that is to avoid damage. An electric glass kettle is considered to be more reliable with its superior temperature control than a stainless steel kettle. But the stainless steel kettle does not retain the taste or odor of liquid that is poured into them.
Are stainless steel electric kettles safe?
Stainless steel kettles are usually very hot, and your skin can get inflicted if you touch them mistakenly. Otherwise, these are durable kettles that are also considered safe and better than any plastic electric kettle.
What is the best glass electric kettle for college?
If you’re a college student and are in the market for a new glass electric kettle, there are a few factors you’ll want to keep in mind. First, consider what kettle users say is important to them. Second, decide which features are most important to you. And finally, They also appreciate kettles that have good water capacity and boiling speed.
What is the most reliable electric kettle?
Copper-bottom kettles are thought to be more reliable than aluminum kettles, and stainless steel kettles are considered to be the most durable. Finally, it’s important to consider the opinions of other kettle users before making a purchase in order to get a sense of which models are most likely to meet your needs.
How often should you replace an electric kettle?
Kettle users should replace their electric kettle every 3-5 years, depending on the frequency and amount of use. If a kettle is used often, it should be replaced more frequently than if it’s only used occasionally. The lifespan of an electric kettle depends on a few factors, including the quality of the kettle, how often it’s used and how much water is boiled each time.
What are the benefits of a glass kettle?
There are many benefits to using a glass kettle, particularly for kettle users who appreciate aesthetic design and functionality. Glass kettles allow you to see the water boiling inside, so you can Brewing tea is an ancient and estimable tradition, one that brings relaxation and enjoyment to people all over the world.
What is the safest tea kettle material?
Stainless steel is a popular choice for kettles because it is durable and doesn’t rust. It is also easy to clean and doesn’t retain tastes or odors from previous liquids. Some people prefer glass or ceramic kettles because they don’t leach any chemicals into the water. Others find that electric kettles are the safest option because there is no direct contact between the water and the heating element.
Can I use an electric kettle on fire?
There is a small risk of fire if you use an electric kettle on a gas stove. The flame can heat up the bottom of the electric kettle and cause it to melt or catch fire. If you’re using an electric kettle, it’s best to use a lamp instead of a stovetop flame. Lamps are more gentle on the electric kettle and will help to keep it from overheating.